In order to maintain the order of air waves and promote the development of the radio industry, the China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has strengthened and regulated the 2400-2483.5MHz, 5150-5350MHz, and 5725-5850MHz frequency bands (hereinafter referred to as the 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands) and issued the notice of Strengthening and Standardizing 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz. [MIIT No.  129].
The full text of the notice is as follows:
1. The 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands are allocated to one or more radio services such as fixed, mobile, radio positioning, satellite fixed, satellite earth exploration, satellite radiodetermination, and space research.The 2400MHz and 5800MHz bands are also designated for industries that generate radio frequency energy, Scientific and Medical (ISM) applications and other non-radio equipment that radiate radio waves.
Any radio station or equipment shall not monopolize or exclusively use the frequencies in the 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands.
2. According to the corresponding mobile or fixed service radio frequency division, the 2400MHz band can be used for broadband wireless access (including wireless LAN), Bluetooth, point-to-point transmission, and other radio communication systems;
the 5100MHz frequency band can be used for broadband wireless access (including wireless LAN) and other radio communications. and it is limited to indoor use (not included in the car);
the 5800MHz frequency band can be used for broadband wireless access (including wireless LAN), point-to-point transmission, ETC and other radio communication systems.
3. The radio frequency unit and antenna of the radio transmitting equipment working in the 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands must be designed and manufactured in an integrated or synchronous manner.
It is not allowed to use other antennas or install additional radio frequency power amplifiers without authorization; the transmitting equipment should comply with the technical requirements listed in attachments (see Annex 1 and Annex 2), and obtain the approval certificate of radio transmission equipment according to law (except for micro-power short-distance radio transmission equipment).
4. In order to achieve frequency compatibility and coexistence with other services such as radiolocation, radio transmitting equipment operating in the 5250-5350MHz frequency band should adopt transmit power control (TPC) and dynamic frequency selection (DFS) interference suppression technologies, and no option to turn off DFS should be set. The TPC range should not be less than 6dB; if there is no TPC function, the equivalent omnidirectional radiated power and equivalent omnidirectional radiated power spectral density limits should be reduced by 3dB as listed in the appendix.
In order to realize the compatible coexistence of different radio service frequencies, the radio transmitting equipment operating at 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands should meet one of the interference avoidance technical requirements listed in Annex 2.
The wireless LAN device with the public network IP address allocation function should support the IPv6 protocol and enable the IPv6 address allocation function by default. For wireless LAN equipment with special requirements for information security, the air interface access control security capability should also comply with the GB 15629 National Wireless LAN Security Series Standards.
5. To set up and use wireless LAN access points (AP), broadband wireless access system central stations, and point-to-point transmission radio stations (stations), and meet the following conditions at the same time, it is required to apply for the Radio station license to the local radio management agency of the province, autonomous region, or municipality:
(1) Deploy in outdoor environment;
(2) The Equivalent omnidirectional radiation power of radio transmission equipment operating at 2400MHz band is greater than 20dBm; The equivalent omnidirectional radiation power of a radio transmission device operating at 5800MHz band is greater than 30dBm.
In addition to meeting the above conditions, the installation and use of other radio transmission equipment and radio stations in the 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands shall refer to the management of public mobile communication terminals on the ground without obtaining a radio station license.
6. Radio administrative agencies of provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities shall actively promote the online handling of related radio station licenses and other matters to improve the convenience level of government services.
7. Radio stations with 5100MHz frequency band should be located more than 3km from legally used earth stations with same-band satellite radio measurement (air-to-ground) and satellite fixed (air-to-ground) services. Relevant satellite earth stations should have clear identification at road ports within 3km, indicating that it is forbidden to set up or use 5100MHz frequency band radio stations.
8. When licensed Radio stations operating in 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MH according to law is subjected to harmful radio interference, it shall report to the local radio administration agency for a coordinated solution according to the principle of “In-band prior to the out-of-band, primary business prior to secondary business, first use first, Planned over unplanned “.
9. Radio stations operating in the frequency bands of 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz that do not need to apply for a radio station license should not, in principle, require protection against harmful interference. If harmful interference occurs to other lawfully licensed radio stations in the same or adjacent frequency bands, it should stop using it immediately and try to eliminate the harmful interference before continuing to use it.Radio communications services operating at 2400MHz and 5800MHz should also withstand interference from ISM applications.
10. In case of major national missions or national implementation of radio control, the installation and use of radio stations, radio transmission equipment and non-radio equipment that radiate radio waves in the 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands shall comply with the radio management regulations issued during the major national missions, or compliance with radio control orders and radio control directives issued by the government.
11. Micro-power short-distance radio transmission equipment in the 2400MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Announcement No. 52 in 2019.
12. The installation and use of radio stations and radio transmission equipment in the 2400MHz, 5100MHz and 5800MHz frequency bands shall also comply with the relevant regulations of other industry authorities.
13. From October 15, 2023, applications for radio transmission equipment must be implemented in accordance with the technical requirements listed in this notice.
14. The relevant requirements of this notice will come into effect on January 1, 2022. If previous relevant regulations are inconsistent with this notice, this notice shall prevail.